Saturday, March 13, 2010

Quilt Show

Today I went to the St Michael's Quilt Show. I like to go and have a look. It's time away from the Termites. There weren't too many quilts that caught my eye, though I did like a dinosaur quilt. Termite 2 is the dinosaur lover.


The other quilt that caught my eye (and the one I voted for) was a stunningly simple black, white and red quilt. The thin 1/2" sashing strips and teeny tiny 1/2" cornerstones gave this quilt some zing.

I'm going to add this quilt to the "to do" list as I have a few grey fabrics that I have had since starting quilting (ten years ago now) and haven't come across anything I've liked. The fact that there is red in the quilt helps (favourite colour - refer to previous posts about red acquisitions for kitchen of house being built).


And of course it wouldn't be right going to a quilt show without making some purchases:


The two fat quarters on the first row cost $2 each. Bargain! The second row cost $3 each. So for $31 I got 11 fat quarters. Can't beat that! And of course they have already been washed and waiting to be ironed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are so good washing the fabric straight away. LOL

    ReplyDelete