Today I decided to get out a project I have been cutting out for and make some actual blocks. I had only started cutting out the darks I need for it so I had to go into my light stash and cut out some of the sizes.
First I cut out some 2" strips and made four patches:
Then I used some 3-7/8" squares and made those into half-square triangles:
After these two units were made I put some together to show the block:
Now Termite 1 must have thought I needed a break cause he came over and entertained me by putting on a sock puppet performance. Perfect! Thanks Termite 1.
I continuted on by sewing up the units of the blocks to make 10 blocks:
These blocks will be put into sets of four to make a larger block. I haven't done this yet as I'll wait until I've made all the blocks first, but I did put four together to see how it would look:
Now that's my sewing day. This quilt was in the American Patchwork & Quilting magazine and uses up lots of different sizes of strips. Perfect stashbuster.
So today, it's all about the quilts!