Sunday, March 14, 2010

OK, So I Did Cook!

Yeh, yeh... so I did cook. And I must admit I wasn't going to mention it, but I came across such a yummy frosting that I have to. First of all let me say that I cooked a yummy Healthy Carrot Cake. I found the recipe at My Baking Adventures.

The recipe uses 1-1/2 cups of grated carrot but it can't be tasted as such. There is a hint of cinnamon which is divine and the cake is so fluffy. And why would I even choose a carrot cake? Well silly me bought a bag of carrots not realising that I already had a bag of carrots in the fridge. Der!

But on its own I thought the cake may seem a bit boring so I had to find a way to add some zing. I had cream cheese in the fridge and I knew that would be good, but I didn't have any icing sugar in the cupboard. What to do?

Google!

And I found this: Whipped Cream Frosting. I had cream in the fridge. Add a little sugar and vanilla and ..... yummo!! This is so simple!


Remember my Chocolate Treasure Cake disaster? I used whipped cream on that cake with grated chocolate folded through. This frosting would have saved that cake I'm sure.

This carrot cake uses oil not butter and is very quick to whip up. I will make this again soon. It's a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment