Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Very Late Birthday Cake!

It was Termite 3's birthday 18 days ago and I just didn't get around to making him a cake. Well, today I did! I kept it simple. I made a fudge cake that has no butter, milk or eggs, but it is rather delicious. The cook at his preschool used to make it all the time to cater for his allergy needs. I found out that I actually have the book the recipe came out of (I've started to pack to get ready for my move!).

I enjoy baking. I have rediscovered this 'hobby' of mine. But what I have also discovered is that I like recipes that do not require beating the butter until it's light and fluffy. Why? Cause I don't have to wait until the butter has softened that little bit first. Recipes that don't require any butter are quicker to bake.
I found an idea for a simple cake using jelly beans. The Termites quite like the jelly beans we buy from the chemist so I thought I'd go and get those to decorate the cake. Of course they had a sampling of them before I could get any onto the cake, but would you believe it, they wouldn't eat the jelly beans off the cake. Unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment